Monday, February 16, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole

It's probably safe to assume that most of us saw our first magician when we where young, say at a birthday party, or at school. They would dazzle us with glitter, music, and big movements, all the while making the impossible happen right before our eyes; needles going threw balloons and not popping, birds coming out of colorful silks, canes disappearing into thin air, and solid tables trying to float away. For a full hour they would hold us captivated, hanging on their every word, believing anything and everything they had to say, and then, just as quickly as they came, they would pack up their show and be gone, leaving us to return to our normal lives with only fleeting memories of that magical day.

I, myself, had an experience like this, and like most, as soon as that magician was gone I completely forgot about magic. It wasn't until this last year that magic really came back into my life. Like a dream I sat threw it all again, the vanishing canes, the card tricks, the works, but this time it had a little bit more of a pull to it.

Now I'd like to say I got into magic purely because it fascinated me, but that would be a lie. I started learning about magic because, of course, there was this really hot guy who was into it, and so, to really get on his good side, I too started to learn magic. However, slowly but surely I found myself learning more and as I went I becoming more interested in it. I learned to fan, to do cards tricks, and how to make a cane dance. It was intoxicating, knowing how things worked when others were baffled, and so I found myself becoming ensnared in the world of magic.

This blog is about my views on magic; shows that I've seen, tricks that I've watched, idea's I have, even people that I know, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'll probably talk about them all. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy you're daily dose of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment